April 5, 2013

Shared Space

Shared Space
I'm sorry for this but I need to vent a bit. Hopefully someone can relate with me.


In my spa there are 2 Estheticians. I share my room with the other Esty. I'm here 4 days a week, she is here only 2 days. Our days never overlap so I barely see her. I hardly know she comes in 1/2 the time.Except when she leaves her messes.. 

Today, I came in after not being here for almost a week and the room was trashed. Waxing strips and sticks spread all over. Wax all over the trolley it sits on.  Dirty sheet on the bed.   Nothing that is out has been replenished. If I had a client first thing this morning I would have been a complete mess. I was out of everything!  

In most salon/spas there is a supply room where you go to get anything you need at anytime you'd like.  Apparently my boss has trust issues because we have to ask her to get our supplies.  This wouldn't be such an issue if she wasn't the only one working the desk and allowed in the supply closet. So I basically had to sit around waiting until she felt like getting the things I need, whether I need them right now or not.. It's already embarrassing enough realizing I need something when I'm with my client, let alone leaving them to sit for god knows how long while I wait for her to get my supplies.

This wasn't the first time this as happened either. I'm especially irritated because I am one of the most anally organized people you'll ever meet. Everything must have a home. Why it's so hard to return it to that home is beyond me. I figure organization makes life easier. I know exactly here everything is when I need it in a pinch.

Ciao,
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?